Monday, May 23, 2011

The Boil!!

Wednesday was another killer day in the field!
the end of the night was somehow bothersome, i had a large pimple in my nose and it was really really hurting, i also had a runny nose and so it made it even more painful to blow my nose. my whole lip hurt and began to swell. not very big though. (at the time i thought i was huge!) i took pictures.
Thursday Morning. Zone Conference at the mission home. well, there was a problem. my lip doubled in size over night, also doubled in pain. my face began to swell!!! o no!!! what is happening to me? my lips are getting huge! well... i asked my dandy district to give me a blessing, so they humbly did so, i then called the mission nurse and she told me exactly what mess i got myself into.
So, you know those huge nasty boils the engulf someones leg and looks like a worm is living inside of them and is really just disgusting looking and you hope to never see one in real life???? WELL DON'T WORRY!!! its not one of those nasty boils on my leg... its one of those nasty boils... ON MY FACE!!!! thats what she diagnosed it as!
o great! now is have a nasty boil on my face! what now? Well, she told me to go to the mission home like planned and the AP's would have medication for me. so i did.
we got there and everyone laughed. including me! i thought it was funny. i could make even funnier looking faces now! Even President laughed at me..and then he got serious and started worrying like a mom would! He double dosed me on the pills and sent me upstairs to sleep for the entire day!
well i gave my training first and then went up! got served lunch in bed by sister Jackson! then Sister Harris spend the day driving all the way from Jinja to come and check it out. she got there and told me a few more instructions! the rest of the day consisted of me sleeping and icing this fetching huge fat face of mine!
i couldn't sleep cuz of symptoms of a fat face making it hard to breath! so i spent the night praying and icing my face! the rest of the next day consisted of the same thing! all day friday i did that.


Saturday morning. had a couple hours of sleep last night. lip doubled in size! which is like quadruple the size its originally supposed to be!!!!
i felt fine, just didn't look fine! I coudn't eat, cuz my lip enveloped my mouth so nothing but air and water through a straw could get through. i took more medication and i began to feel very very sick.
i went to sleep. elder Kendall called Sister Harris and she told us i needed to go to the Hospital. The mission Driver, Godfrey, Came to get us and drove us to the hospital.
well, the doc told me some things and then told me what he was going to do. he was gonna squeeze all the crap out of my face out of a little hole just inside my nose where to original pimple began.
(for those who don't like graphic images and blood and stuff, don't read on.)
well, ill let the pics explain what happened next. he numbed my face, (NOT) and squeezed about a half cup of crap out. and no, none of the swelling went down. but it did feel better after!
well, after we got home from the hospital, my face was just leaking!!! all night and all day the next and still today! basically, my lip began to shrink. Sunday i was still big. but today it is almost back to normal. don't worry, the mission is taking care of me. i might have made it sound worse than it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment