Thursday, February 23, 2012

In Mukono!

It's been a few months since I, mom, updated this.  Matt is in Mukono.  He is a district leader and is now training a new missionary again.
Matt says:
Anyways, this week was good, we set some dates with a few more people, found 13 new investigators and had a whopping 10 investigators at sacrament!!! Wow! Could I ask for a better week? I Submit that I cannot!
I hope the work continues to go like this. Last night I had a real eye opener. So did my companion. We visited R and Y. They are investigators. R told us why he hadn't been coming to church for the last two weeks and then told us his entire life story. It was good for my companion to hear it and understand what africa is like. It was good for me to hear it cuz it reaffirmed my testimony and why I'm here. I couldn't help but just tell him how much I loved him and wanted to help him, but that I knew if I coudn't do anything, the gospel always would. That Jesus Christ knows every pain and affliction he has gone through and has sent us as his servants to share with him and give him hope for a brighter future! It was truly an amazing night.
I love it here! There is no where I'd rather be at this time. This is where the Lord wants me, I think I'm finally getting the hang of this mission thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment